Latest LinkedIn Facts:
- LinkedIn, the most popular professional social network launched exactly 8 years ago, hasupdated its advertising tool to allow individuals/companies to buy “Direct Ads”.
- LinkedIn started out in the living room of co-founder Reid Hoffman in the fall of 2002. The five original founders were Reid Hoffman, Allen Blue, Jean-Luc Vaillant, Eric Ly, and Konstantin Guericke.
- LinkedIn was officially founded in 2003. The site launched on May 5th (affectionately referred to by employees as “Cinco de LinkedIn”) when the five founders invited about 350 of their most important contacts to join.
- LinkedIn has over 75 million members in over 200 countries.
- LinkedIn is available in English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish
- As of August 2010, there are over 75 million LinkedIn members across the globe.
- The Netherlands has the highest adoption rate per capita outside the US at 30%.
- Unsurprising men out number women and 51% of users are between 25 and 34 years old.
- The most represented industries are hi-tech (16%), finance (12%) and manufacturing (10%), while engineering (15%), sales (11%), administrative (9%) are the most common job functions.
- As of June 2010, LinkedIn has over 600 employees.
- A new member joins LinkedIn approximately every second, and about half of our members are outside the U.S.
- Executives from all Fortune 500 companies are LinkedIn members.
Financial Profile: (Source: @plan Summer 2008)
- Average HHI $109,780
- 24% Have A Portfolio Value of $250K+
- 56% Have An Account With An Online Brokerage
- 60% Have An Account With An Offline Brokerage
- 85% Viewed/Paid Bills Online in Last 30 Days
- 53% Monitored/Viewed Stocks Online in Last 30 Days
Types of Securities Owned:(Source: @plan Summer 2008)
- Money Market Funds: 35%
- Shares of Stock: 30%
- Self-directed IRA: 26%
- Mutual Fund (Stock) 20%
- Mutual Fund (Index) 15%
Credit Card Ownership:
- American Express: 38%
- Visa: 67%
- MasterCard: 53%
- Discover: 20%
Business Decision Makers:(Source: @plan Summer 2008)
- C-Level Executives 7.8%
- EVP/SVP 6.5%
- Senior Management: 16%
- Middle Management: 18%
50% Are Business Decision Makers In Their Companies(Source: @plan Summer 2008)
- Computer Software DM/Influencer: 32%
- Computer Hardware DM/Influencer: 22%
- Business Consulting Services: 18%
- IT Consulting DM/Influencer: 17%
- Office Supplies DM/Influencer: 17%
- Business Equipment DM/Influencer: 20%
- Printing DM/Influencer: 12%
- Travel Services DM/Influencer: 12%
Purchased in The Last Year For Their Business:(Source: @plan Summer 2008)
- Computer Hardware 30%
- Software 22%
Through your LinkedIn network you can:
- Manage the information that’s publicly available about you as professional.
- Find and be introduced to potential clients, service providers, and subject experts who come recommended.
- Create and collaborate on projects, gather data, share files and solve problems.
- Be found for business opportunities and find potential partners.
- Gain new insights from discussions with likeminded professionals in private group settings.
- Discover inside connections that can help you land jobs and close deals
- Post and distribute job listings to find the best talent for your company
This three infographics explores Linkedin
growth over the past eight years
1- Infographic – LinkedIn (HubSpot)
2- Infographic – The State of Linkedin
3- Infographic – linked guide for job hunters
1- The State of Linkedin – Infographic – The State of Linkedin – Infographic – LinkedIn (HubSpot)
2- The State of LinkedIn by Marc Metekohy on May 22nd, 2010 – Infographic – The State of Linkedin
3- 10 Ways to Use LinkedIn to Find a Job – Infographic – linked guide for job hunters by applicant.com